Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A sheep story



"Once upon a time there was a shepherd who herded his sheep in a lonesome area. Suddenly a brand new Jeep Cherokee appeared with a big cloud of dust and stopped right next to him.

The driver, a young man dressed in a Brioni suit, Cerutti shoes, Ray Ban sun glases and a tie by YSL got off the car and asked him:
'If I can guess how many sheep you have, will I get one then?'

The shepherd looks at the young man, then at his peacefully grazing sheep and calmly says: 'All right'.

The young man parks the Jeep, connects his notebook with his mobile, goes on the NASA-website, scans the area via GPS satellite navigation system, opens a database and 60 excel schedules with a vast number of formulas.
Finally he prints a 150-sided report on his Hi-Tech mini printer, turns around and says: 'You have exactly 1,586 sheep over here.'

The shepherd says: 'That´s right, go and choose a sheep.'
The young man takes a sheep and puts it into his Jeep.

The shepherd watches him and says: 'If I can guess your profession will you give me back my sheep?'
The young man answers: 'Yes sure, why not.'

The shepherd says: 'You are a management consultant.'
'That´s right, why do you know?' the young man wants to know.

'Very simple," the shepherd says, 'first of all, you come here although nobody called you. Secondly you want to have a sheep as payment for something you tell me, what I already know and, thirdly, you have no idea of what I am doing here! – And now give me back my dog!!'"

http://www.schafpate.de/en/startseite/14-alltag-eines-schaefers-einmal-anders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home