Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cashmere???



I love the feel of cashmere on my skin – the touch of luxurious knitwear that is, not toilet paper on my bum. Scanning the rows of toilet paper in the supermarket for special offers, my eye was caught by the introductory offer of “quilted bathroom tissue enriched with extracts of cashmere" – CASHMERE? to wipe the bum of the distinguished Waitrose customer? Whatever next? Is there no end to the aberrations of capitalism? I am not sure whether this product is supposed to bring a hint of decadence into the loo. Long accustomed to the dubious presence of silk in shampoos and soap as we are, this seems to me just one ridiculous and pointless product too far. My lovely cashmere cardigan will never feel the same again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home