Friday, March 30, 2007

Lacy pattern



"One of my early memories is of having a recurring dream. I would dream it up to about the age of five. I would be inside a strange sphere, which was dark but with a bright lacy red pattern all around me. I was aware of brightness behind the lacy pattern, and the redness of it seemed to glow. I always felt very safe, and the pattern would swing slowly round me. Then often I would feel a sudden jolt downwards and I woke. It was only as an adult that I realised I must have been dreaming about what I had seen and experienced inside the womb. For some reason when I was a child I vaguely associated it with a circus because that was the only thing I had reference to at that age, so it was "the circus dream". But more than fifty years later my mental picture of it is still very vivid."

Source:
BBC Radio 4 Memory Experience
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/memory/share/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home