Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Silk



I love the feel of silk. I always thought if I ever was very rich, everything I would wear and all my furnishings would be silk - well, maybe with a bit of cashmere thrown in.

I have abandoned my dreams of being rich and have learned to appreciate the qualities and beauty of other fibres, but silk still has a special place in my heart.

A few years ago I found some lovely white silk fabric, the kind you would use for a wedding dress, at a street stall at a bargain price. I made a duvet cover out of it. There wasn't quite enough fabric, so I added red silk from a curtain a friend had given to me and purple silk from a blouse I found in a charity shop. It was gorgeous.

By now the colours have started to run, the silk is beginning to wear. But I still love the feel on my skin and the sound in my ears when I turn in my bed drifting into sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Solveigh, I've just nominated you for a Creative Blogger Award, head over to my blog for more details.

11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home